baby development

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

The First Day of Summer

Today is the first day of summer. I got married on the first day of Spring (March 20th), so I'm one who loves these beginnings of the seasons. It was the perfect day here in Lexington - 85 degrees, lots of sunshine, and clear skys. As a write, there is a hummingbird sipping juice from the feeder on my patio, and the cats are at the window watching and fatasizing about hummingbird appetizers.

I did some spring cleaning a few months ago, and it felt great. I gave away a carload of things and clothes and re-organized my closet. Now that summer is here, it has me thinking about my list of must-dos between now and the first day of fall.

This summer I must:
get a bit bronzed (via a tanning bed or a la natural)
travel to some place I have never been, even if it isn't too far away
plant something living on the patio - herbs maybe?
have lots of steamy hot summer rip-the-sheets-off-the-bed sex
wear a 2-piece bathing suit in public
read at least 3 for-pleasure-only books
cook a new recipee
buy new reeds for my clarinet and get my chops in shape
clean out some of the "storage" in my office closet

That's a short list, but summer always seems to go by so quickly. It seems as soon as I have enough tan to wear a skirt, it's cold enough to wear pants again. So, I'll keep it short and sweet and hope that I get to accomplish at least a couple things on my list.