baby development

Friday, June 10, 2005

3 Little Bursts of Sunshine

A fellow sister took the time to advise me to do something for me, and to save myself. I am grateful for her moments here on my blog. She was right, I was obsessing and wallowing in the pain, and the anger. So, I did something I really wanted to do. And while it might not seem like a lot to some, it meant a lot to me.

I am, for the nest 3 weeks, a foster mom to 3 5-week old butterscotch kittens. I picked them up from the Humane Society and will care for them until they are old enough and weigh enough to get vaccinated and be adopted. I feel like I am doing something worthwhile and fun! These three little balls of energy just make me smile from ear to ear - even when they peed on the comforter in the guest bedroom, I kind of laughed to myself and put the comforter in the wash after dumping Petzyme over the pee spots. They are eating and growing and jumping and playing. When I spend time with me they crawl all over me, and up my chest and snuggle up in my hair. I wonder if I feel at all like a momma cat. I even hate leaving them in the morning when I come to work.

Their purring against me as I hold them to my chest is my recharging time, as I imagine their life energies filling my whole body with hope. They are my 3 little bursts of sunshine.