baby development

Friday, May 27, 2005

Not Feeling Worthy

The following was written by Rachel K., a wonderful woman I've yet to meet. I've read it so many times now that I feel it deserves it's own space on my blog. Thank-you, Rachel, for the encouraging words:

I, too, struggle with feeling worthy of God's love. It truly is unfathomable. In Romans 11, Paul writes, "Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgements, and his paths beyond tracing out! Who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has been his counselor? Who has ever given to God that God should repay him?" I don't think it is for us to know on this side of heaven how MUCH God loves us! But in Ephesians 3, Paul writes "And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love" - which means we are daily walking in God's love, not just thinking about it, but expressing it to others, demonstrating it - "may have power, together with all the saints" - we need each other to obtain this, it cannot be reached on our own accord - "to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ..." My study Bible has this in the commentary: "God's love is total...It reaches every corner of our experience. It is WIDE - it covers the breadth of our own experience, and it reaches out to the whole world. God's love is LONG - it continues to the length of our lives. It is HIGH - it rises to the heights of our celebration and elation. His love is DEEP - it reaches to the depths of our discouragement, despair, and even death. When you feel shut out or isolated, remember that you can never be lost to God's love." WOW! We can NEVER be lost to God's love. I hope this encourages you to SEEK God's love. To live for Him daily. To read His Word to us daily. Until we do that, we are lost. God does hear our prayers, but more than that, he desires and he longs for communication with us - not just a one-way line when we are desperate. One way to hear from God is to read his word. I encourage you to read through the Psalms. Read just 5 a day and you'll have read the book in one month. They are uplifting! The Psalmist David shows us that we don't have to have happy feelings all the time. Many of the Psalms were written when David felt God had abandoned him..."BUT I trust in your unfailing love, my heart rejoices in your salvation. I will sing to the Lord, for he has been good to me." (Ps. 13: 5-6). No matter what is going on in our lives, or how we feel, we still need to praise God for his marvelous works.
You are in my prayers!

Read Lamentations 3:17-26 and Romans 8:38-39