baby development

Thursday, September 28, 2006

September's Visit w/ SW

R. came by today to do her regular monthly check-in with Cookie. She's pleased with her development (amazed, really). Here's the skinny on how she believes the next couple of months will look:

October 2nd - the warning lawyer submits paperwork to the court re: Biomom AWOL and cannot be located

October 16th (approx.) - we get assigned a court date

November 6th - possible court date for TPR hearing

December 4th - worst-case scenario for court date for TPR hearing if something happens.

One month wait to see if Bioparents appeal (which Biomom obviously can't do if she's AWOL - though Biodad could do from jail, ironically)

R. told us that our judge only does the TPR hearings on the first Monday of each month, so if we get a date assigned to us in October, we are looking at a November 6th court date. If it doesn't work out for November, we'll be looking for a Dec. 4th date. This give me great hope that TPR will be granted by the end of the year.

Unfortunately, I spoke with a friend who is adopting her two kids from foster care and who has the same judge. While TPR was granted for them back in July, she still does not have the final order signed, and is pretty clueless as to what is going on. She a liscensed social worker, so I figure she'd know how to get it done if she could. But, who knows. It worried me a bit, but I figure we just need to pray for the judge - that God would motivate her and those who work with her to get that paperwork finalized. My friend already has the kids, but would really like to get things rolling again. Please pray that my friend get her TPR finalized paperwork soon so she can move on to the adoption process. Her kids are 4 and 6, and were in foster care for 3 years - they deserve to have things finished as soon as possible.

Now, here's my biggest prayer request: that we get that Novemebr 6th court date. Why? Because on November 9th, we will be taking Cookie to Florida to meet her grandparents! Wouldn't that just be a fabulous thing to have the judge's order in hand right before we leave? If you've been following my story, you know my parents have been too scared to meet her before now for fear she'd leave (and they are just downright stubborn). It would make the trip down there all that more meaningful for all of us.

Thank you for your kind thoughts and prayers yesterday. I am exhausted from being sick for so long, but beyond that I am finally feeling well. I would like some alone-time with my husband, but without family around, it's hard - and the only people she knows are her daycare workers. I'm afraid a baby sitter from church (and wonderful people have offered) would freak her out. She already exhibits a bit of separation anxiety when Michael drops her off at daycare, so my concern is not unfounded.

Michael's trying to do a father-daughter day out with a co-worker of his and his little girl, so that I can have some time on Saturday to just exist. I am certain he has absolutely no idea how wonderful that sounds - and I'm sure Cookie would enjoy it immensely.

That about sums it up. Now we begin the 2-3 week wait to get assigned a court date. Cindy - we're right behind you!