baby development

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Fall & Fried Chicken

A little while ago, I wrote that fall is like fried chicken - cripsy, crunchy, and delicious.

Fall is my favorite time of year. I get all warm and fuzzy inside just thinking about the first big "cold snap"of the year. I love the smell of the dry leaves and the crisp air. I love wearing sweaters and bluejeans. I love being able to cuddle up with my favorite someone without getting sticky and sweaty. I never did understand the appeal of "sticky and sweaty". Eeew.

Tonight in Lexington we may set a new low for today's date. If it gets down to 40, it will be a record - but we are still looking at mid-to-low 40's regardless. How delicious is that?

I'm sorry to report that Michael is not as fond of the cold weather. In fact, he downright despises it. He's been wearing warm clothes now for weeks - with highs in the 70's. Guess he's still a Mississippi guy.

Me, well, I'm looking forward to an evening at home with my hunnies. I may just have to get out the 'ol crock pot and throw on a pot of beef stew.

Come on Fall - sock it to me!