baby development

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Observations From My Sick Bed...Ugh, Desk

Well, it's official. I have an upper respiratory infection, a nasty ear infection, and "pink eye". I have the hat trick of crud.

If that wasn't bad enough, right after I'd gotten home from the doctor's office and the pharmacy and popped the first mega-antibiotics and crawled into bed, I got a phone call from day care - seems that Cookie had the poops really, really bad and wouldn't stop crying. So, off I went to pick her up and be single-mom until Michael arrived home at 7.

Today I had to stay home sick with my sick child from the time Michael left at 11 until, well, a few minutes ago (8 pm) when he was done teaching for the day.

She poops every hour - and it is apparently horribly distressing for her (as it is for me). Her rash is terrible, even after I slather on the A&D ointment. Even bathtime tonight was just an angry, wet little girl. She's also running a mild fever, and snotty as all get out - and the whining and crying just make her nose run. Honestly, she looks neglected, and I've done nothing but care for her all day. I never even put on a bra. I managed to load up the dishwasher - but all the while she was holding onto my pantleg and hollering like a stuck piglet.

So, while I was supposed to be recovering I had to listen to a whining screaming, pooping child the entire day. I think the only time she was't whining or crying was the 1-hr. nap she took from 1-2.

I love that child.

I also have a lot more respect for SAHMs. I could never do what you do. God bless you - all of you. Whenever I go back to work, it will be better than today has been.

*sigh*