baby development

Friday, September 08, 2006

Same Old, Same Old

I'm still here, still loving my little family, still enjoying motherhood, and still wishing this was a faster process. But I have nothing to complain about - absolutely nothing. I am blessed beyond my wildest dreams.

Speaking of wild dreams, Michael and I have gotten addicted to watching Lost. Anyone seen it? Holy Cow. We finished the first season on DVD, and the first disk of season 2 that was released this week. We watched so much so quickly because it is TV crack. Then I started having dreams about it. It is an amazing show, and it keeps getting freakier. Dang, somebody e-mail me who has watched this show.

I'm exhausted. Anyone else out there exhausted? I've never been so thankful for the weekend since becoming a mom. I mean, it calls to me. Five hours to go. I may just get into bed as soon as I get home and forget dinner. Nah. I'll eat and then crawl into bed. Michael was all snuggly in bed with Cookie when I left this morning - all peaceful and warm. A daddy with his daughter is quite the lovely sight, I tell ya.

I had a major accomplishment over the holiday. I hung pictures in my house. This might not seem like much, but we have been living in our new house for 9 months with all of our pictures stacked against the wall in the downstairs half-bath just waiting - for me to get off my a** and figure out where they go. But I am a precision picture-hanger. I measure, mark, measure again - then hammer and hang. I use actual picture hangers. I measure the distance to the top of the wall. I hang everything at eye-level for proper viewing. I am anal about this. That also means it takes for-freakin-ever. But it is finished. Now, in my livingroom hangs two large prints of peacock mommies and daddies with tiny baby peacocks. It is a nice image of family, and I like the one of the daddy and babies - it makes a lovely statement.

I feel fall approaching. I smell it in the air, and it excites me. It does not motivate me to do anything, but it excites me nonetheless. Fall is the coziest time of year. It is crispy and crunchy and delicious - much like fried chicken. Fall is like fried chicken. What a splendid metaphor.

This post proves I need sleep...and food. Sleep and food. Aaaaaahhhh. Have a great weekend, friends. Go hug someone and tell them fall is coming.