baby development

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

I Love Mail!!


Cookie loves getting the mail - and then dropping it on the floor for "someone" to pick up. (Or perhaps this is what she thinks of our insurance statements!)

Either way, my baby girl is turning into a big girl more and more every day.

Tell me you LOVE her new Gator gear! Go Gators!! And WHY are people so offended that we dress our girl (as they say) "like a boy!!" - as if she's in some way going to be harmed by this. Ugh. Gender-police, I swear. Yes, she wears lots of sports gear, and no, I don't think she looks like a boy. I think she looks like a CAPABLE girl who will soon be a CAPABLE WOMAN!

Her latest thing is standing up next to the sofa or coffee table and letting go - she'll stand there perfectly still for a few seconds, wobble a bit and try to use her arms for balance, then finally fall back on her bum. We are sure to applaud for her, as she looks to us for a reaction to her attempts to stand on her own.

She hates hats - rips them off as soon as you try to put them on. She also dislikes shoes about as much as we dislike trying to get them ON her.

She loves snuggling, chasing the cat, eating fruit puffs, tasting the food off our plates, zerberts (belly raspberries), and Ms. Razi at day care. Let me tell you a little about Ms. Razi:

Ms. Razi will tell you she is Persian (Persia is now Iran). She speaks Farsi, which is a form of Persian. She doesn't speak much English, and is relatively new to the infant/toddler room at daycare. But lemme tell you, folks, Cookie loves her some Ms. Razi. When Michael takes her in every morning, Ms. Razi comes right over and takes her away! And when one of us comes to pick her up, she's right there with her too - and always having a ball. But you should also know that whenever I hear Ms. Raszi talking to Cookie, it is not really in English. It's kind of a Farshlish blend of sorts. And I think Cookie speaks Farshlish, I really do. She seems to perfectly understand everything - even if it sounds to me like "Shadjjstsa ajdkjikjsa knnewata GOOD GIRL!" And just last night I swear Cookie was speaking that and looking at us and wondering why we didn't understand.

Language is so fabulous, isn't it? And the universal language of, well, love for children. That is easy to understand.

I'm so glad Cookie has a new friend when we can't be with her.