baby development

Friday, August 04, 2006

Make That 2 Teeth!

Well, the Cookie has two little teeth poking through her bottom gumline - cute and tiny and white and SHARP - yowzers - nobody warned me about these little razor-sharp things. The teething pain seems to have diminished for the time being, and it seems that the teeth have inspired her to make new sounds. Her two favorite are:

1) That "clicking" sound you make by putting your tongue on the roof of your mouth, forming a suction, and then breaking the suction forcefully by opening your mouth wider

1) BA BA BA BA BA BA BA

There is the occasional MAMA, which kind of slips in there between the BA BAs.

Last night she was chattering away during outr play-time, and I said, "Hey Cookie, what does the sheep say?"

Sure enough, she loudly proclaimed, "BA BA BA BA BA". That's my girl. Just be sure not to ask her what sound the cat makes, or you'll likely get the same answer. Still, my girl is smart. Hehehe.

I'm looking forward to the weekend. Hopefully, either tonight or tomorrow I can get the crib moved and continue with Operation Get Cookie In The Crib.

Ah, my housecleaner returns on Tuesday. I think I love her. She cleans my bathroom. No one ever cleaned my bathroom besides my mom. Did I say I think I love her?

I shall try to get as much ish out of her way as possible - the more empty spaces and shelves she has, the more she can "deep clean". This time she's going to "detail" the Master Bedroom - meaning dust baseboards, etc. YES!