baby development

Monday, September 18, 2006

25 Accomplishments in 12 Months

I saw this on Pajama Mama's site, and figured I'd give it a go.
This is a potentially inspirational, potentially difficult thing to do, but here goes nothing:

1. Completed 3 continuing education courses to keep foster parenting license.

2. Learned how to process Nonmedical Expedited Continuation Review here at work.

3. Learned how to process Medical Full Continuation Review here at work.

4. Gave 4 speeches/workshops on campus on IRB review - including College of Education new faculty orientation and Rehabilitation Sciences new doctoral student orientation.

5. Cared for a total of 5 foster children that were our placements and 4 other foster children for respite care.

6. Cut my hair above my shoulders after having worn it long most of my life. I also got mad color and highlights.

7. Decided to do laser hair removal all over my face after years of suffering with man-hair from PCOS. Successfully completed 3 sessions, endured the pain, and am now smooth and free of facial hair forever.

8. Underwent plastic surgery to remove an ugly dermatofibroma that had been on my right arm for at least 20 years. It is now gone, and no one will ever ask me again - "what happened to your arm?"

9. Bought a new-to-us house - our first home purchase ever.

10. Moved into new house with a newborn baby in the middle of winter.

11. Took out my first big-time life insurance policy that would take good care of me and Cookie should Michael croak. I felt very grown-up.

12. Got even further out of consumer debt.

13. Got job interviews for other positions that I was "overqualified" for.

14. Learned how to care for a drug-exposed infant.

15. Learned how to get WIC to give you an appointment to get vouchers for formula even when they have no available appointments.

16. Became a better wife by complaining less, crying less, and appreciating more.

17. Made friends with more people at work.

18. Hung up all the pictures in my new house.

19. Improved my relationship with my parents while maintaining appropriate and necessary boundaries.

20. Watched the entire Season 1 and Season 2 of Lost on DVD within the last month.

21. Hosted a surprise 50th birthday party for a co-worker at my home that was actually a surprise AND was one that everyone completely enjoyed.

22. Hired someone to clean my house.

23. Completely and utterly forgave someone.

24. Saw Jamie Cullum in concert.

25. Ceased using a fertility monitor and made the decision never to pursue fertility treatments.