baby development

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Cookie's New "Skill"

In addition to learning how to unfurl the entire roll of toilet paper onto the floor...

In addition to learning how to pull all of the kleenex out of the box on by one, or pulling every garbage bag out of the box one by one, or pulling every paper towel off the roll one by one, this is her latest new "skill"...

I had picked up Cookie from daycare. On the way out, there is always a big basket by the door of daycare that is filled with individually packaged snacks, like animal crackers. I always let Cookie grab one and play with it while she rides in her car seat on the way home. She loves crinkling the package between her fingers. Yesterday was no different, except the snack was tiny bags of Fritos.

Per usual, Cookie liked the shiny package and the crinkly sound it made. As we drove off, I heard the crinkling noises for a few blocks. Then, the crinkling sound stopped, and I heard...

MUNCH, MUNCH, MUNCH

And I smelled...

FRITOS!

Any of you fellow Frito-lovers know - the smell is strong - and delightful - the yummy fragrance of fried cornchips.

Once I got to the next redlight, I turned around to see her in the carseat behind me munching away with much delight and Fritos all over her.

She had figured out how to open up the bag WITH HER TEETH - and she only has 4 of them - 2 on bottom and 2 on top that are only about half-way out. But I suppose that's enough to get the job done.

All evening long, every time I hugged my Cookie, I got a whiff of Fritos, and I smiled.