baby development

Friday, April 21, 2006

Surveying All Bottle-Feeding Moms and Dads!

Ok ya'll - fess up! Inquiring minds want to know:

How long do you (or are you willing to) leave a bottle of formula sitting out?
Do you do like me and take a fresh bottle or two and set them on the nightstand for middle of the night feedings?
Or, are you a super-healthy parent and follow the instructions on the back of the formula can and faithfully not let it set out for more than one or two hours?

AND...

Do you heat or warm your baby's bottles?
Or do you do like me and give 'em to your baby at room temperature?
And do you sometimes do like me and give 'em to your baby straight from the fridge when you just can't stand one more minute of crying?

I think the only "rules" I follow are:
Not leaving warmed bottles sit out longer than an hour - and
Not preparing more than 48 hours worth of bottles at a time - and
Sterilizing bottles and nipples when they are bought and putting them through the dishwaher and using heated drying cycle every time I wash them

So - what do you do about bottle-feeding?