baby development

Monday, April 17, 2006

Cookie's First Easter

Well, I'm please to report that Easter Sunday was a day not unlike lots of Sundays around our house.

My parents had sent a cute sundress with pink polkadots for Cookie. It wasn't an "Easter dress" per se, and it did not have the lace and tule and all that. But it was very cute, and so that was her dress - and it matched the pink dress I wore as well (though mine, fortunately, did not have polkadots). Cookie doesn't like hats, and she kept kicking off her shoes, so the dress and socks were all she managed to keep on.

Before we left, we took pictures out in front of the house. As I was about to take pictures of Michael with Cookie, a nice neighbor jogged by and asked if we would like her to take a picture of all three of us. That was such a nice offer, and the pictures turned out really nice.

Cookie made it through service without much fuss, though she did get excited at various points during the sermon and uttered several happy syllables which I believe directly translate as "Amen!". She was ooohed and aaaahed at, and we talked with friends about the progress toward TPR, and everyone was happy to hear that everything is going smoothly in that direction.

We drove into an adjoining county for an Easter buffet at a small place called Ward's Landing. We feasted on shrimp cocktail, potatoe salad, green salad, ham, turkery, mashed potatoes, glazed carrots, broccoli casserole, yeast rolls - and cherry cheesecake. Cookie feasted on a bottle and looked at our plates with a look on her face that said, "Next year, THAT'S what I'm eating!"

We drove home and Cookie and I took a long nap in bed together while Michael worked on a grant proposal that is due today at noon. It was nice for us both to have the break we needed, and for me to get some well-deserved rest.

The only thing I ate for dinner was vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup and lots of whipped cream. Now THAT'S what I call a holiday.