baby development

Monday, April 10, 2006

Zapped

In completey unrelated news, I had my first lazer hair removal treatment today - chin, upper lip, sideburns, and unibrow. Cost - $300. Not having a mustache and goatee - priceless.

It hurt like hell...like being stung by a bee 50 times on your face. OMG. I came in to work looking like I had a rare skin disorder.

They first wiped off my face and used a numbing gel. Then they put goggles on me and zapped my face with the laser. Every zap felt like a sting, and the smell is nasty - burning hair and flesh. Umm, yeah.

I get to do it all again in 8 weeks. I will NOT be returning to work that day like I did today. I might be stubborn, but I am not a fool.

I am better now, but I cannot describe the drive to work and the smell of burnt hair while holding a cold pac to my chin. Nice.