baby development

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Sugar Cookie's Latest "Skill"

…is reaching out to grab something.

Last night Michael drove through Dairy Queen (because we are sooo skinny and needed it) and got 2 small Oreo Blizzards for us.

We sat in the livingroom to eat them and watch the evening news while dinner was in the oven (because eating ice cream and then Lasagna is pretty heavenly).

I had Cookie on my left leg with my arm around her while I ate right-handed and watched TV.

Well, after about 30 seconds of this, she reached out and tried to snatch my Blizzard! Chubby little fingers grabbed the rim of the cup. She wanted it BAD, and started rapid-breathing and getting all excited/frustrated. She kept on with this – fussing and trying to grab it. No toy would substitute - not her pacifier, red soft rattle, or stuffed dinosaur that she also likes to "eat".

I tried to tell her “Don’t do like mommy and daddy. Blizzards are BAD for you. Don’t ever start – it’s like smoking. Blizzards will kill you.”

But she did not care. She wanted a Blizzard.

She did not get to taste a Blizzard...yet. It's coming folks. The road to hell is paved with Blizzards.