baby development

Monday, September 26, 2005

Learning to Love

I'm learning to love my husband again. Sadly enough, I didn't always feel this way. But lately it has been great. It's been so nice, it's really beyond description. And the nice-ness has nothing to do with sex and its frequency. It has to do with truly liking being together. We took care of 3 kids this weekend. And we gave each other wonderful hot lotion massages with the back massager. And we went to sleep. We slept good. We made chili-cheese dogs at home. We ate a Wendy's frosty for dinner. Life was somehow spectacularly good. I felt very much in love, and I have for a while now.

I haven't cried in, well...quite a while. Some tears came on Friday when I learned that someone else had these beautiful kids placed with them, while we were still waiting. But I got over it and moved on. In minutes, I sucked it up, blogged about it, and moved on. I did not cry all weekend. I have not cried today, nor do I feel like it. My doctor will be pleased with this nes when I see him in October.

I can't remember the last fight I had with my husband, or when it was. I'm sure it wasn't that long ago. But when you're used to fighting and crying most every day - going this long seems like...um...well, it seems like home.

Thank you, God, for allowing us to tough it out through the difficult times. Thank you for teaching me to be more like you and more like Michael. Thank you for helping him understand me and enjoy being my partner too. Thank you for letting us be foster-foster parents to these beautiful kids this past weekend. Be with their foster mom, Bev. Keep her steady as she changes her job schedule and loves these 3 little ones. Be with the birth families, and help them find their way to a stable life where they can care for their children, or relinquish them to parents who will give them a good life - a life in you. Thank you for showing us that we have more than enough to provide for children, and more than enough energy and patience and love to go around. Thank you for teaching Michael and I to work together, and for giving us such good experiences to teach us about caring for little children. Thank you for giving us second chances to "get it right".