baby development

Thursday, March 10, 2005

Another Survey from Megan

Here's the latest installment in getting-to-know-you surveys:

FIRSTS
First best friend: Louise Grafstrom
First break-up: Jason Elliott
First screen name: csuprofessor
First self purchased album: WHAM
First funeral: My grandfather, I was 7 and felt guilty that I wasn’t crying like everyone else.
First credit card: in grad school – from the MBNA thieves
First true love: I thought then, that it was Rick Arrigo, but hey, I was 15
First enemy: I don’t think I’ve ever had someone I’d call an “enemy”
First road trip: Took summer trips to TN with my grandmother as a pre-teen

LASTS
Last cigarette: In 2004, on my patio with Elisa, at my last crazy party before I moved
Last car ride: To work today
Last library book checked out: something for the dissertation, I’m sure, but since there were dozens, I cannot recall. But, I don’t “check out”, I buy.
Last movie seen: Bruce Almighty
Last beverage drank: Diet Vanilla Coke, about 15 minutes ago
Last food consumed: Reduced Fat Wheat Thins, about 15 minutes ago
Last phone call: To my husband last night to tell him I was on my way home
Last time showered: last night
Last shoes worn: black flats
Last item bought: pizza last night
Last time wanting to die: hmmm – REALLY wanting to, never – THINKING I wanted to – probably about 3 months ago
Last time scolded: By a parent, probably at least a year and a half ago, in writing

RELATIONSHIPS
Who are your best friends? My husband, Megan, Pam, Carol
Do you have a boyfriend/girlfriend? Just a husband

FASHION STUFF
Where is your favorite place to shop? TJ Maxx, Ross, Lane Bryant, WalMart
Any tattoos or piercings? One hole in each ear, no tattoos

SPECIFICS
Do you do drugs? Nothing illegal
What kind of shampoo do you use? Whatever’s on Walgreen’s rebate club that month
What are you most scared of? Being lonely
What are you listening to right now? The voices in my head
Where do you want to get married? I’ve already done it twice – the first time was in a park by the river. The second time was in a little country church in Mississippi. Where I always wanted to get married: Belingrath Gardens in Mobile, AL. Never happened. Never will.
How many buddies are online right now? 3
What would you change about yourself? My weight

FAVORITE
Color: emerald green
Food: Greek
Subjects in school: creative writing
Animals: cats
Sports: football
Perfume: Chanel #5
Cologne: RL Romance for Men

HAVE YOU EVER

Given anyone a bath?: yes
Smoked? yes
Bungee jumped? no
Made yourself throw up? yes
Skinny dipped? yes
Ever been in love? yes
Made yourself cry to get out of trouble? yes
Pictured your crush naked? yes
Actually seen your crush naked? eventually
Cried when someone died? yes
Lied? yes
Fallen for your best friend? no
Been rejected? Yes, many times
Rejected someone? Yes, fewer times
Used someone? yes
Done something you regret? Many things

CURRENT
Clothes: black pants, pink sweater
Favorite artists: Jamie Cullum, Michael Buble, Queen Latifah (“The Dana Owens Album”)

LAST PERSON
You touched: my husband, who gave me a hug before I left this morning for work
You IMed: my husband – about plans for tonight after work
You kissed: that would be my husband

ARE YOU
understanding: about half the time
open-minded: most of the time
arrogant: no
insecure: about some things, yes
interesting: very – I’m a freakin’ case study
hungry: usually
smart: yes
moody: incredibly
hardworking: when I need to be
organized: most of the time
healthy: no, but I’m working on it
bored easily: what was this about, anyway?
responsible: usually, but on occasion I drop the ball
obsessed: sometimes, depends on the subject
angry: occasionally, when I sense an injustice
sad: no
disappointed: sometimes
hyper: when I’m excited about something
trusting: generally
talkative: yes, very

RANDOM
In the morning I am: groggy
All I need is: to be valued
I dream about: sex
Who makes you smile: Megan, Michael, my mom
Who gives you a funny feeling when you see them: B.E., that creepy Scott Savol on American Idol

DO YOU EVER
Sit on the internet all night waiting for that someone to IM you: no
Wish you were a member of the opposite sex: no
Wish you were younger: no

NUMBER

Of times I have had my heart broken: too many
Of tight friends: 4
Of CDs I own: Between my husband and I, 500+
Of scars on my body: 2 major ones