baby development

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Home

As I age, I'm learning more about how good it feels to come home at the end of the day. Of course, it helps if you have a nice place and a nice partner to come home to.

There are fewer things more comforting than coming home and putting on comfortable clothes, and not having to pretend to be smarter, or more interested, or more sophisticated than I really am. So much of the pagentry of my day ends when I get home. I take off the Mary Kay mask and the over-the-shoulder-boulder-holder, the pantyhose, and the jewelry, and I suddenly feel more like "me".

I came home last night to a nice husband, a 3 bedroom place overlooking the lake, Chinese takeout, and a tape of American Idol. God bless it! And I curled up with my husband and fell asleep listening to a Diana Krall CD. Oh, life felt good last night.

And I'm heading home from work soon - more American Idol, probably more take-out, but at this time in life more than ever,I've learned how great it is.