baby development

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Pizza & The Cookie

Last night the hubby and I were happily munching on pepperoni pizza from Brooklyn Pizza here in town. And if anyone knows pizza, these folks do.

As I sat on the floor next watching TV, Cookie got a bit fussy sitting in her walker. So, I extracted her and sat her on my lap while I tried to finish eating my pizza before it got cold.

Cookie watched excitedly as I took one bite after another. She reached out her pudgy hand toward the slice of pizza as more and more of it disappeared. Clearly, she knew a good thing when she saw it. I tried to explain to her that she was too little to eat pizza, but apparently those words fell on deaf ears, because...

In one fell swoop, Cookie reached out for the stub of pizza crust and simultaneously lunged toward it with her mouth. Apparently she had very good aim, because not only did she manage to grab it with her hand, but she managed to cram her enture mouth over one end in a nano-second. After finally pulling her away, her face had pizza sauce on it, and the look on her face said it all:

"Man, mom, you are right. This IS the best pizza ever. Of course, I have nothing to compare it to besides formula, but that pizza is downright DELICIOUS!"

Later last night she had some carrots. I think she was sorely disappointed. See for yourself: