baby development

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Reader Participation Request

Hi everyone! I'm teaching a class this semester called "Studies in Persuasion". I was wondering if you would help me out by posting responses - or by writing your own blog posts in respose to a few questions. Id like to have some fresh examples to use in my teaching (sometimes my old examples bore me even though my students may have never heard them before). Okay - here 'tis:

When was the last time you were persuased?

What were you persuaded about?

How would you say you were persuaded?

What would you say is the biggest/most important thing you have ever been persuaded about?

What types of persuasion are most likely to be effective on you? (guilt trips, nagging, direct request, begging, pre-giving, etc.)

What method of interpersonal persuasion do you use most often in your everyday life?

Is lying and/or deception ever okay? How so?

What individuals in your life have the most persuasive power to influence you? Why?

If you were a researcher and wanted to study something about persuasion, what would you study?

Okay - I suppose that's enough questions for now. Any and all thoughts about persuasion would be great. This is a new class prep for me, so I'm trying to get as creative as possible. I consider myself to be a pretty decent professor, but I'm always trying to find ways of improving my teaching.

I have 14 students in my class, and I think that's about perfect.