baby development

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Foster Placement #4!

We have officially lost our minds. We close on our new house today at 3:00. Then, at approximately 4:30 a social worker is coming to our house and bringing us a newborn baby girl who is being released from the hospital today.

The baby's two older siblings have already been adopted by others. I know absolutely nothing other than that. I don't know the baby's name. I don't know if the baby is brown or peachy-beige, or if the baby has any health problems. I just know we will most likely have a newborn baby on Christmas. Who knew. Again, this placement is "concurrent planning", but we will also continue with the plan to do a private adoption since foster care placements for us seem to be extremely short term.

So, I'll be leaving work at 2:30, going to the lawyer's office to close on the house, and then home to meet the social worker - who, incidently, has already worked with us once before and was pleased to be working with us again. I'm glad we still have formula in the house - because who knows when we will be able to get an appointment with WIC with the holidays and all. Hopefully, they will send lots of premixed formula with the baby when they discharge the baby from the hospital.

Well, I should get scooting. Wish us luck!