baby development

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

I Need a New Job

Bounce Out - I reached Level 11 and my high score is now 274,236.
I am now going to go teach my night class at the college.
Thoughts tonight: I will survive this. Tomorrow is another day. My meeting with our social worker is Friday. I do not know what I will say.

I am applying for another job - in Academic Affairs. Anything with "affairs" in the title sounds sexy. I doubt I will get an interview. I have applied for positions in that division ump-teen times already and not even a phone call. I made the decision when I was in the elevator yesterday and two other women got on - it was 5:00. We all sighed, and one woman said, "Imagine if we feel this way at the end of the day - what's this doing to our health?" The other woman said, "Yeah, and it's only 5:00." The other woman replied, "I need a new job." I walked to my car intent on finding another position soon. I can't take A.S.S. anymore and this desk job pushing papers as an administrator is killing me slowly. There has to be more to my 8-5 life than this. I am paid well, and I am bored to tears. Today, I'd rather be doing manual labor. I'd rather be scraping road kill off the highway. I hear those folks make a lot of money - but I guess because it's dangerous. Maybe a nice job in a state park as a tour guide. I can point to things well.

I still think I need to make "visit Europe" videos and be filmed in cool places eating interesting food and drinking great wine.

Count this as day 1 of my quest to find a new job.