baby development

Friday, October 21, 2005

MAKE THAT 2 KIDS & 3 KITTENS!!!!

Just got a call for another foster care placement. It was not our regular worker who called - but there are 2 siblings being removed from a home tonight - sometime between now (3:00) and whenever. They are 4 years old and 2 months old - and they are African American. The 4 year old is a boy and the 2 month old is a girl. That means the crib bedding stays pink for now, until I get tired of it and decide to go sports themed on her.

I said a quick prayer and called Michael before accepting the placement. He said okay, and then I called the worker back and accepted the placement.

He says he knows almost nothing other than they would not place these children in a regular foster home - only pre-adoptive because they feel the children are at risk of not being able to be returned.

So, now I have to make a million phone calls, take more time off work, and get some 4-year old clothes. (So sorry M. that I will be missing your honor society induction.)

Again, I am in a whirlwind of emotions. I am trying to tell myself not to get too excited. I had the most crappy day at work today and wasn't thinking at all about children or foster care when the phone rang.

**********
Fast-forward to 3:18
Call from investigator
Children are being removed within the hour
Not likely to be returned to family any time soon
Very bad situations
Children not likely to be in bad health

Would like to write more, but now must contact bosses and take off work soon.

Hugs to all of you. Thank you so much for your prayers as we go through this challenging and blessed time. I love you all.