baby development

Monday, October 17, 2005

Just Another Ordinary Week

Another Monday has appeared, and there is little to report.

On Saturday morning I got up late and hit several yard sales and stocked up on yet more children's clothing (infant - 2T, both genders). I came home with over 40 pieces of clothing and 4 pairs of shoes, 2 car seats that someone gave me because they were dirty, and a booster seat. All in all, I think I spent less than $40.

The rest of the weekend was mostly spent trying to care for a husband with an injured back. We bought a heating pad and some Doan's pills to try to help. In Wal-Mart, Doans pills are all the way on the bottom shelf next to the floor. I'm not sure whether to find that amusing, or insane. Michael is at work today, but I drove us both in to campus just to be safe. We have no idea how he hurt his back - he says he thinks he just "stretched funny".

I bought 4 new bras this weekend. Hurray for new bras. My boobs are now higher than they have been in a while, and look more like they are portruding from my chest instead of my stomach. Good bras are expensive. I hate that. I also bought 5 new long sleeve t-shirts in a variety of colors that I can wear underneath blazers this winter on casual days at work. I wore one today, and it feels nice to wear a good bra and a shirt that is not faded.

I am looking through an office supply catalogue here at work today to select my 2006 calendar. Office supplies rock.

This Wednesday is the Friends of the Library booksale at our main library. Wednesday is the day that paying members can shop the sale early. Michael will be heading over there shortly after it starts to scope out the CDs and hardbacks. I love these sales. I like buying cool books, even if I already have more than I can read before the end of the year.

The boss is out this week, so I will not have to listen to her hollering and cussing. She is also somewhere in the boonies on vacation, and her blackberry doesn't work well out there, so she can't email in more things for me to do. Life will be good this week.