baby development

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Spam

When I checked my email this morning, there was a piece of spam in which the subject line read, "Tamara, what would happen to your family if you died?" Well, good morning to you, too! What a splendid thought at 8 am on hump-day. Of course, it was an ad for life insurance. I am grateful to have more than I probably need. We have enough so that when I have left this earth, Michael can pay all the bills, put a huge downpayment on a house with a hot tub, and go cruising for attractive women while hiring a nanny to look after the kids. If he croaks first, I'm not sure what I'd do - but it would probably involve going to live in a foreign country for a while to regroup. Whenever life gets hard to handle, I fantasize about living on the mortheast coast of the Yucatan in Mexico. I would get a good tan and catch up on my reading.

The rest of my spam today centered around baby products since I have registered for free stuff and coupons at so many websites. I even had to make up a ficticious due date in order to register at various places. Since the due date I made up was October the 1st, I have received numberous emails from companies congratulating me on the birth of Baby MIA (while trying to sell me this-and-that under the pretense that I should buy them if I care enough about my little bundle of joy - read "only a bad mother would deprive their child of our fine product".)

I used to get lots of spam for breast augmentation - which was funny considering I am a 42DD (I know, more information than you needed about me). I suppose companies have realized that if I have just had a baby, I probably am not too concerned about the size of my breasts. I fully expect to start receiving spam related to stretch mark cream soon.