baby development

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Early Signs of a Wannabe Stalker

Well, I broke my rule and e-mailed our social worker today. This Thursday (about 30 hours from now) will be 2 weeks since I have talked to her or emailed her. I don't think it's a big deal that I zapped her a quick e-mail that said I was "just checking in" and that we were done doing respite care for Workingmom on the weekends. I told her the house seemed way too clean without animal cracker crumbs everywhere. Then I closed the email - "Take care, Tamara". It was short and sweet and to the point. I want my kid(s), darn it.

Maybe I am becoming a stalker. I am thinking of ways to subliminally encourage her to call me with a placement.

Dang, I need a hobby.

Perhaps I will learn to crochet and make baby blankets. That would make me stop picking at my cuticles. And I could sell the blankets. Or I could just have blankets all over the house.

I did pick up a flier for a study on the psychological effects of alcohol that is being done here at UK. Perhaps I shall call and volunteer to participate. I wonder if you get to get drunk and try to do stuff. Man, I get really touchy-feely if I drink too much. Not sure how many people I want seeing me, um, well - amorous.

I thought about getting my chops back in shape playing the clarinet and playing with the praise band at church. But that means practice. And I am lazy.

I guess laziness is not a good trait for a stalker. Stalkers need to be on their toes. Hmm.

Okay, well, enough for today. I just wanted to document the fact that I e-mailed. I imagine she will respond by saying I just have to wait until the right match comes along. *sigh* I know.