baby development

Friday, September 09, 2005

Permanently Pregnant

That's how I feel. I'm ready to pop, but I have no due date. We now have 4 car seats - 2 infant (one in each car), 1 small child seat, and 1 booster car seat for a larger child. I have a crib all made up (and 2 extra crib bedding sets), a full size bed in Michael's office, a walker, bouncie seat, high chair, tub seat, and a stroller. I even have packs of Pull-ups that were free after a rebate. We've collected coupons for diapers and formula, and have received a free bib, bowl, and samples of rice cereal. I have clothes from yard sale and Goodwill finds all laundered and hanging in the closet or folded in drawers in the front bedroom that has now become a nursery. I have clothes and shoes for an infant all the way to 3T. I figure I have at least 50 pieces between onezies, pajamas, and assorted outfits. At the last year sale I went to, I picked up 6 pairs of shoes (why 6, I have no idea). I was thrilled with a baby pair of New Balance tennis shoes with pink accents and a University of Florida jacket with a big gator on the back. Go Gators! (I'm a UF grad.)

And we have no baby. No child...yet. And our due date is TBA. Waiting sucks. Though I must admit that while we were sick this week with the croup or whatever horrible bug we had, I was grateful that we didn't have to balance caring for a child at the same time we were convalescing in bed.

I'm feeling much better now, and I'm ready. I'm ready God! Hello?? Do you hear that? Tamara and Michael are ready! (OK, Father, I know you hear me. Yes, Daddy. OK, I'll calm down now. Thanks for the reminder.)

I bought pumpkin booties for Halloween to match the pumpkin onezie I had bought at Goodwill - just in case Baby MIA showed up in time (and was that small). If not, it will go to a friend or wait another year.

Do you know how much Goodwill rocks? There are enormous bins in a brand new Goodwill here in Lexington, and all the infant to 4T clothes in all of the bins are 50 cents a piece. I can't stay away from that place. Every time I go, I find things in the bins with the tags still on them. I find Osh Kosh jumpers and overalls - and even sports team gear for babies. A few weeks ago, I got a 4T fur coat that looks like either fox or mink. Luxury baby! (Oh no, I hope the PETA people don't pour paint on Baby MIA.)

I bought UK booties at Wal-Mart in case Baby MIA decides to show up in time for a football game this fall - or basketball season (of which we are season ticket holders). I have a UK onezie and a variety of UK overalls and outfits - just in case Michael decided to take baby to the game - which would be a sure thing in reality.

I have an empty lifebook I bought from a Creative Memories lady with baby pages and baby stickers all ready to start an album. It, too, sits and waits. The pictures from the blog and the nursery will go in there soon, but not until Baby MIA gets here. I've been looking at buying a digital camera, but can't decide which one - and now there are these new sweet 8-mega pixel cameras. Good Lord, how will I ever choose?

I swear, sometimes I can feel this so much I'm afraid I'm going to start lactating. My dysfunctional ovaries are about to bust (the PCOS aside). I don't want to be foster-waiting-pregnant anymore. I want to be a pre-adoptive foster mommy!