baby development

Friday, August 26, 2005

Our Paperwork is Complete!!

Got this note in my e-mail from our social worker:

I received your fax. I will get everything entered today and send it over for approval. I received both references back too.

Now, to outsiders that might not be much, but every little shred of hope gives us foster-to-adoptive families to be great joy! Melanie has been so fast with everything, and we are really blessed to have her.

This weekend we are doing respite care for a little 3 yr. old girl. We are told S. is very sweet, and I even got to talk to her for a minute on the phone the other day. I think we will probably go down to the pool for a while, and to the Greek festival this weekend. I'm excited to have her for the weekend, and glad that her foster mommy will get some rest. I'm nervous that our place doesn't have lots of things a 3 year old would enjoy, but perhaps she and I can go out together to buy things that I don't have yet - and she can "break them in" for me.