baby development

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Getting Certified & Certifiable

In short, Michael contacted his therapist yet again, and she said she wrote and mailed the letter yesterday. I am hesitant to breathe a sigh of relief. I'm still worried something else will go wrong. Maybe I'm feeling pessimistic. The social worker said that's all we needed, but I got my hopes up 2 weeks ago when I thought this was all taken care of. I guess I will just have to be more proactive from here on out.

I'm tired. Michael and I have been staying up way too late at night talking about issues. It's exhausting. And it frustrates me that then he gets to sleep in. Because he doesn't teach until 3 in the afternoon, he's still in bed when I leave at 7:30 or so to be at my desk at 8. Last night, I wasn't able to get to sleep until 1. I'm way too grumpy for my own good today. Darn, I'm awful when I've lost sleep - especially when I've lost sleep due to emotional and relational talks that are pretty heavy. Michael can get up and work until he's tired. Me, I just lay there and let my mind race. Aaaaaahhhh. The alarm went off at 6 this morning and I wanted to kick the cat.

Oh, I need some sleep. And I gotta teach class tonight. Maybe this is just preparing me for lack of sleep once Baby MIA arrives. Yes - I need to be more positive.

I'm debating posting this - folks will worry about me. Don't worry friends, I'll get some sleep and be fresh-faced in the morning. Well, at least I'll give it the 'ol college try.