baby development

Monday, September 12, 2005

Contact from the Social Worker

Well, I heard from our social worker yesterday. More than a week ago, she had requested a letter from my husband's counselor. He had asked for the letter and left instruction on where to send it - even gave her the FAX number. Well, apparently it didn't get sent yet. So, I had this message in my e-mail today:

Hello,
I have not heard anything from you all and I was wondering the status of the letter I requested? Are you all still interested in fostering children? Everything is ready for approval when I get the letter....let me know.
Thanks


So, I was a little miffed. I've been trying to be patient. I had assumed that everything was in and was a go. I thought we were just waiting for a phone call. Now, come to find out we are still missing one little piece of the puzzle. *Sigh*

At least we heard from our social worker. This is a good sign. She seems to be on top of things, even though all workers in our region are in caseloads up to their eyeballs.

Well, I have given my dear husband the task of contacting the counselor about the letter, and then e-mailing our social worker to let her know we're still alive and that we still want to do this. I guess our silence could have been interpreted as as lack of interest. I'm glad our worker at least checked in to see what was up.

Well, I'm sad about the delay. But in retrospect, Michael and I were both quite sick last week with whatever upper respiratory thing was going around. We would have had a very tough time caring for a child, and may have even made an infant very, very sick. Maybe we had to get "baby germs" from Bumble Bee before we got a placement of our own so we would have Superimmunity or something. Either way, I guess it's God's way of making sure the timing is perfect. I guess this means that our child is just not ready for us yet. Baby MIA, I sure hope it won't be long now. The crib looks so empty without you.