baby development

Thursday, August 04, 2005

So This Might Take A While

Well, once again in Foster Parenting 101 (or whatever the name of our class is) we have been waiting to be fingerprinted for about 2 weeks. But they are out of "cards" to put our prints on. I'm thinking, "Huh?" **Sigh**

So, maybe next week. A week from tonight is our last class. Then whoever is assigned to be our permanent case worker will call us to schedule our second home study (who knows how long that will take). After the visit, said social worker will have 1 month to write up our report. We are told the social workers are so swamped that everyone has been asking for extensions to get their reports written.

So, at a minimum it looks like it will be 6 weeks before we have final approval. I'm thinking October is a good month to shoot for. Maybe we will have a child placed with us before the holidays anyway. I guess I got carried away with the planning. Michael can tell you that I do things too quickly sometimes. I get excited and I'm off like a shot making plans and dreaming about how things might be. I guess I need to come down to earth a bit.

The foster kittens have been returned to the Humane Society. It's sad to know they won't be there to crawl all over me tonight when I get home. But this does mean I can start to think about setting up a crib in there. The crib bedding has shipped, and I think I've bought all I can buy until I know more. The guest room will probably remain pretty empty until we feel we are closer to placement time. I think I need to take my mind off of baby for a while - which is hard considering we still have 3 classes and a home visit remaining. But I think I might be getting my hopes up a little too early.

I guess we have to keep the apartment clean a while longer - at least until after the second home visit.