baby development

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Crib Bedding Bought!

Weary from searching for the "perfect" crib bedding for Baby X, Michael and I settled on the set pictured here. I am thrilled with the choice, and can rest knowing it was the best of what I had seen over the last few weeks and trips to Wal Mart, Target, and Babies R Us. I ended up getting this set on ebay for $81 with shipping, and am pretty excited about getting all 9 pieces that coordinate. If Baby X ends up being a girl, she will undoubtedly learn to either love sports, or hate them.

Our pastor and his wife have a crib we can borrow, and we will buy a new crib mattress for it so that the next woman who needs to use it will have a good mattress. It's nice to have folks around who are so willing to help you out.

The foster kittens will be returned to the Humane Society tomorrow and then I can start getting the front bedroom ready for a child. I just wish we weren't renting and then I could really do what I wanted with that space. Oh well, I know it won't be long until we are in a house of our own.

I'll probably hold off on buying much else for now because my little sister, Megan, is throwing us a baby shower down in Columbus, GA. Hurray! I really never expected folks to get this excited over us getting a child who isn't even ours - just a child in our temporary care. But I am glad. Everyone knows we are hoping to adopt a child, and the most important being who knows that is God. Baby X will be our child someday - we don't know where the child is, or if the child has even been born yet. But God had a child for us...someday, somewhere.

I hope Baby X likes baseball!