baby development

Friday, July 29, 2005

Random Questions of the Day

The following questions were posed for discussion on an online group I belong to. I figured I might as well answer them here. A few I had to think about a minute.

How do you relax? I love bubble baths, but not in the summer. In the summer, a Cosmopolitan seems to do the trick nicely. I also like to treat myself to a manicure and pedicure every once in a while. I also like to sit in the dark and listen to Latin music - but then I'm crossing the fine line between relaxing and getting in the mood - not good if there's no outlet for that, because at that point, I'm just in the mood and frustrated - so much for relaxing/

What brings out the animal in you? Soft, slow, warm, moist passionate kissing. Then, once we're into it - a little explicit talk and some "grab and slap" can kick things up a notch too. A fresh from the shower man with a smooth shave who isn't afraid to tell you what he wants just can't be beat.

How have you met most of the people you have dated? Church, school - and as an adult - on-line. I think it's been fairly traditional until I was 30.

How do you feel about public displays of affection? Where do you draw the line? Hand-holding and hugging are fine, and closed-mouth kissing is alright too. But if you're going to involve tongues and/or genitals - I don't care to be a witness. Get a room.

What is the most creative way you have introduced yourself to someone? I once wrote my name and number on the bill at a restaurant when I paid the waiter. The he called, came over, and I ended up "hurting his manhood" after he tried to assault me. I will never do that again.

How do you prefer to be approached by someone interested in you? Offer to take me out to listen to some good music. Better yet, just tell me you find me attractive and interesting - and that you'd like to get to know me better. After that, I'm always happy to help you take it from there. You shouldn't have to do all the work yourself.

If you could be famous for one thing, what would it be? Singing.

What is your favorite song? How does it make you feel? Satie's Gymnopedie #3 - it makes me remember what being in love feels like.

What family member are you closest to? I was closest to my grandmother before she died 3 years ago. Now, it would be my mom.

Did you have an imaginary friend as a child? How would you describe them? I had a whole set of imaginary friends - they were horses that I named after desserts and such. They were named: Grassy, Merangue, and Whipped Topping. I was a strange kid. I would sit on my swing with one leg on each side, and ride the swing sideways to mimic riding a horse and I would talk out loud to them. I bet my parents were worried.

Do you consider monogamy a must in a relationship? I suppose it's not much of a relationship if it's not monogamous, now is it?

I realize these weren't the most stimulating questions ever written, but I found it entertaining to answer them - and to waste more time on a Friday afternoon at work finishing up half-written blogs.