baby development

Monday, June 27, 2005

Liking the Real Me Better Than the Ideal Me

I took this Jung Ideal / Real Test on www.similarminds.com, and below are my results.

Introversion 30%
43%
Extroversion 70%
60%
Intuitive 56%
53%
Sensing 53%
56%
Feeling 53%
56%
Thinking 66%
40%
Judging 70%
53%
Perceiving 30%
56%
ideal type - ENTJ, real type - ESFP


Ideally - this is the type of person I'd like to be:
E - expressive, outgoing, many friends
N - random, mysterious, non-linear
T - willful, stoic, self-reliant
J - planned, regimented, orderly

But REALLY, THIS is the person I see myself as being:
E - expressive, outgoing, many friends
S - sequential, factual, practical
F - emotional, passionate, selfless
P - spontaneous , playful, and fun

Not surprisingly, I think I like my real/actual self better than I think I would like my ideal self. I think my ieal self would be boring and predictable and stuffy and judgemental. I like being passionate - and, as you can see in my "ideal", the passion and spontaneity and palyfulness are gone. Oh dear! I can't let that slip away. So, I know how society tells me I ought to be. But I like who I really am much better.