baby development

Monday, June 27, 2005

Date Night


Our pastor suggested that my husband and I impliment "date night" - a concept that sounds harmelss enough. As luck would have it, I had won tickets to see the Lexington Horsemen play arena football. We'd never been to a game, so it was a blast - and we had especially good seats. I'll have to remember the sporting event connection in the future, as my husband actually spoke to me and smiled a whole lot. I'm glad he had fun. Surprisingly, I had a good time too. It was nice being out with him when he wasn't doing everything in his power to kill my joy. On, and the Horsemen won - which always adds to date night. I will have to keep in mind the sporting event phenomenon - apparently being out on a date with me isn't enough - but add men beating on each other in some competition, and I've got myself a happy husband. Guess if you can't beat him, join him.

So, you're wondering if all the excitement put him in the mood for sex after we got home? No. Hope you didn't get your hopes up. Silly me - I did. How unfortunate.