baby development

Friday, April 20, 2007

Cookie's Baptism

All went well this past weekend. My parents came up from Florida, Cookie entertained them immensely, and church on Sunday was quite nice.

Cookie wore a beautiful dress I got from Little Girl Dresses online - it was spectacular. Of course, as soon as we all got up on the stage, she sneezed and huge globs of snot went flying all over her face...and she cried when Pastor Chris put the water on her head. But he said that if she didn't cry, he hadn't done it right - so there!

I sang in church for the first time in I-don't-know-how-long. I sang an old Steve Green song called "I Can See" that tells the story of Cleopas on the Road to Emmaus. If you've never read the story, or it's been a while, take a moment and digest it again. It's one of my favorite stories - the reasons which I shall discuss at a later time. I think I even impressed myself that I still had the chops to sing well despite the lack of opportunities I've had to keep in shape musically.

Dad repainted my master bathroom and hung all new hardware while he was here. It used to be a hideous shade of a rather dark robin's egg blue - and it's a big bathroom, so that's a whole lot of blue. To top it off, it was a bad paint job with obviously cheap paint, and no one bothered to cut-in well, or paint the ceiling. Dad did everything like a perfectionist under a microscope - inspecting every nook and cranny. My bathroom is now a beautiful celadon (light celery green) with very white trim and ceiling, and white and silver hardware and accessories. It looks like a spa. It is the best gift he could have given me - I've hated the look of that bathroom since we moved in, and now it's my favorite room in the whole house. He also helped me pick up new paint for my front door and new knobs for the kitchen cabinets, and helped me get the supplies to do it myself when it dries up and gets a bit warmer. (The front door is also (no shock here)

I actually enjoyed my folks, and Michael pretty much hid away in his office most of the time, so his level of interaction with them was kept to the evening meal, where he could avoid interaction by always ensuring that his mouth was full. I was angry with him, but it will take a long time (if it ever happens) for him to forgive them for things they said before we got married.

We're all doing well - fighting sinus infections and allergies, and trying in vain to get enough sleep - and praying for the semester to come to an end very soon.

Pictures will be posted as soon as I get them in the mail from mom!