baby development

Friday, April 06, 2007

Calling All Bloggers

I would really like to update the blogroll I've got going to the right...

Are you a foster parent? An adoptive parent? Training to be a foster parent or foster-to-adopt parent? Do you have a cool mom or dad blog? Would you like to be on my blogroll? Then please comment and let me know who you are, what category you'd fit under, and what your blog is. I'd love to have you, offer support for you, and pray for you!

I see this little slice of the blog-o-sphere as a genuine source of support - and an incredibly valuable one at that.

Once upon a time, I was going through an absolutely dreadful spell with my husband, and a blogger friend sent the most loving email and suggested counseling - and we went, and are much better for it.

When we got kids, and saw kids go, blogger friends emailed their support. And when we celebrated steps completed toward adoption, blogger friends joined in to celebrate another child getting a forever family. I'm so grateful for every single one of you who stop by. Wether we "call" it a support group or not, it is for me - and for many of us.

So, please, if you've never commented, or if I don't have you in the blogroll and you would like to be, please let me know. I'd love to increase even more the level of support we foster and adoptive parents can give each other every step along the way.

I feel the need to foster to adopt another child. I don't think my husband feels the same, so I'm trying to let it go until we can be on the same page. Fostering is hard enough on its own - you definately don't need an uncommitted parter making things worse. My guess is that if you stick with me long enough, you'll see another child in the future. I'd love to adopt again, and I think Cookie might learn to like a sibling one day (after she gets over the jealousy). Clearly, my journey has just begun.

Want to come along for the ride and support?