baby development

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Doing Better

Ah, home alone for a few minutes while Michael is out with Cookie picking up something for what he calls "Anniversa-palooza" weekend. Too cute I tell ya.

I feel good - posted 20 NWT 0-6 month old baby outfits on my yahoo cheapcycle - all outfits I bought for Cookie and she never even got to wear. I'm only asking $5 an outfit - these are like top, pants, and sweater sets - or pants and top together. I think that's a pretty good deal considering most were at least triple that price and e-bay shipping charges would be at least $5 alone. I'm sure hoping someone just decides to take it all. I offered all 20 outfits for $75. Man, I could use the money - and I'm hoping someone in the area decides it's a good chance to stock up. If you have a yahoo cheapcycle group in your area, I strongly encourage you to join. It's like an on-line yard ale, and I've been able to be pretty efficient selling Cookie's infant items - even a whole box of bottles. Every time I get rid of something, it's a cool feeling getting the extra space as well as a few extra bucks. There is also a yahoo group called freecycle - everything offered has to be free - mostly it's junk, but I've found people often want what you plan to take to donation-ville. Last week, I gave away 2 huge bags of various cooking magazines I'd been storing up for goodness-only-knows what reason. Viola! Instant space, and someone got some great magazines for free.

I'm going to take a couple of days off work next week - prob. Thurs. and Fri. and just spend some much needed time to myself. Then Fri. afternoon, we'll go get our taxes done. Hopefully, with having a foster child all year as well as having just bought the house at the beginning of 06, we'll be in great shape. We still haven't received any adoption subsidy for Mia yet, and whenever that starts, it will be a big help. We're not suffering, but I'm trying to be careful nonetheless.

Oh, speaking of being careful...I turned down an opportunity to teach a class over the May term - I would have made about 2500, but it would have meant I'd be teaching M-Th nights for a month (6-8:30 each night). That would have me leaving home every morning at 8, and not getting home until at least 9. Missing my newly-adopted daughter for a month? Um, not worth the money. Michael said it was fine with him, and that it would be no problem for him to do the evening routine alone. That's probably what made it so easy - with him, I have nothing to prove, and I rarely get an argument. That's pretty nice.

Well, the dynamic duo are home now - ya'll have a great weekend.