baby development

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Resolutions

OK, here goes...

This year, I am going to:

Remove more clutter from my home than I bring in to it
I have already begun working on this. I sold my baker's rack on cheapcycle for $15. When I got it last year, I thought it would be cool, but it ended up being a dumping groud for various ish. There is now a nice clean space where it used to be, and my eating area looks much nicer.

I gave away 2 grocery bags full of Cookie's old infant toys and a play mat. While it was tough to get rid of some things, it felt good to know someone else who truly needed them would put them to good use.

I also sold a toddler tub seat for $3 that Cookie hated being in. Ever try restraining an active 1-yr. old in the bathtub? It isn't a lot of fun, trust me.

Tonight someone is coming to pick up her old walker and baby tub.

So, I am $18 richer and my house is already less cluttered.

Extend more effort into getting ready for work (i.e. dress nicer, apply makeup before leaving for work)
Today I wore a new bright blue sweater and dress slacks and actually put on makeup. I put a freah coat of red glazing on my hair over the weekend, so it has a nice punch of color as well. I already feel better.

Join Weight Watchers (for what could be the 39th time)...I am not setting a weight loss goal. Rather, the mere act of going will be an accomplishment. As a small goal, I would like to move the "big clunker" (as mom and I used to call it) on the scale so that I weigh under 250. If you haven't stroked out and stopped reading already, know it's a big deal for me to reveal how much I weigh. While I don't want this to become a weight-loss blog, it's all related to the life changes in many ways. I've become lazy in the exhaustion of fulfilling the various obligations of life, and this has got to change. When I graduated high school, I weighed about 140 pounds. By the time I got my AA degree, I was probably 160. The first time I got married (age 22), I weighed 180 or so. By the time I got married again, I was probably 220 or 230. The last time I got weighed at the doctor, I weighed 260-something (it fluctuates like crazy with my PCOS). I used to be a very pretty girl. I used to actually feel pretty - even sexy. Now, I just feel frumpy. So, if I could get below 250, it would be a huge start. I now have my daughter to think about - and I'd really hate for kids to make fun of her because of her fat mommy. I will be joining on Thursday night, and I may even begin a sister-blog about weight-loss if I can find the time.

I will get Cookie to sleep in her own bed.
Co-sleeping has been a wonderful, joyful, intimate experience, but now Cookie is almost 2.5 feet long and 23 pounds and is taking up a lot of bed, and moving around a whole lot more in the night. Now that I am loosing sleep, it is time to begin making more of an effort to transition her to her own bed, and eventually a toddler bed.

I think that's plenty to work on without stressing myself out even more than I already am. If those things get accomplished, I will have done a few good things in 2007 that will make my life better and perhaps even the lives of those around me as well.