baby development

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Mittens

I'm on a mitten-mission. I realized this weekend while toting Cookie off to church in 30-so degree weather that she has no mittens. Coats and hats - yes - but no mittens. Couple that with my obsessive-compulsive streak, and you've got yourself a woman on a mission. To send it over the edge, add my mom's comments:

"Well, they need to be the kind she can't pull off with her teeth...AND they need to have that special coating like plastic on them so when she chews on them her hands don't get wet."

Geez.

I googled. I checked ebay for way too long. I got a headache.

I HATE stores this time of year. I will pay outlandish shipping for the opportunity to have something delivered to my door. So...

I found the following:

Land's End has Toddler Squall Mittens for $15.50
Columbia makes a Waterproof Toddler Mitten and it sells for $15, though I have no idea where to go to get them.
LL Bean has Cold Buster Waterproof Mittens for $12.50 - but only in hideous colors.

I may soon resort to one of the above options, because I am far too tired to drag my happy A much of any place besides work. The Cookie is apparently getting some more teeth - or just being a diva - but she is not sleeping, so the Quest For The Mittens must be a simplified version.

If you have any tips for buying mittens for a soon-to-be 1 yr. old, please give me a holler.