baby development

Monday, November 27, 2006

My Little Cat Chaser



My little girl is growing up so fast. She's now been down to FL to visit her grandparents (my parents) who cried upon seeing her for the first time. I imagine it was as emotional for them as it was for me.
I can't believe she's 11 months old now - running around the house and "talking" up a storm. She's 22 1/4 pounds and into everything she can get her hands on. Callie and Macy Gray (the cats) still aren't too sure they trust her yet, but she sure loves her "key-keys".
Thanksgiving was awesome. I cooked for my little family - turkey, homemade stuffing, apple pie, pumpkin pie, sweet potatoes with pecan topping, cranberry salad, and fresh-made cranberry sauce. Cookie loved the stuffing and the turkey tetrazinni I made this weekend with leftover turkey.
In even happier news, we have accepted an invitation from my parents to join them for Christmas this year. Wonders never cease. Three years ago I'd have never believed it. When we saw them in Tampa aa couple of weeks ago, I realized it had been almost 2 years since I'd seen my parents, and that was only for my brother's wedding. Now, we will be staying a whole week in their house. Of course, it's all about Cookie. But she does tend to bring out the very best in people, and I think my parents are no exception. It was very nice to see them, and to hug my mom.