baby development

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Another @#$%^&* Ear Infection!!!

Cookie and ear infections seem to like to co-habitate. And they may be the death of me. Michael just called from the pediatrician (yes, I stayed at work and HE took her - wonderful dad that he is) and she not only has another ear infection in the OTHER ear from last time, she also has...

Bronchiolitis.

I did not know about it. She's coughed so hard these past 2 nights she has barfed all over us. Add to it that she ate the innards of an egg roll last night before barfing all over me in bed, and you have a really interesting barf session. THEN she was so exhausted after barfing all over my chest that she laid her head down on my chest...IN THE BARF. Lovely.

All in all, she's been a real trooper. Had it not been for the wheezing and the barfing 2 nights in a row, we might not have taken her to the doctor's. She's a lovely little girl with a fantastic disposition, so when she began whining almost constantly in the evenings, I sensed all was not well with my Cookie.

It's winter, she's in day care, she never got to be breast-fed, AND her birth mom was a heavy smoker (and we have 2 cats). That's a sure-fire way to get Bronchiolitis.

So, Cookie now has another antibiotic to take (which will likely cause a yeast rash yet again - oh joy), along with breathing treatments. Michael said she was NOT happy in the doctor's office about wearing the tiny mask for the treatment there. I guess I will soon be learning how to administer the treatments when I get home in about an hour. I'll have to write about how that goes.

Well, folks, if you're the praying kind, please remember the Cookie, who is having a tough time breathing and sleeping because of the coughing. Poor little angel.

At least tomorrow is Friday - God Bless Fridays!