baby development

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Wonderful Things A Husband Can Do

Tonight, my husband is going to proctor my final exam for the class I taught this semester. The students have really ticked me off, and I'm exhausted. When he offered to do this several nights ago, I thought he was joking. But, it's no joke. At 5:00 I get to leave work, go pick up the Cookie, and head home. I'm going to try to do some picking up around the house and put together some food for us, and just enjoy being with my girl. That Michael is doing this for me means so much. This makes up for quite a few scre-ups in my book!

Yesterday, he came up to my office with a small gift - a set of ear-bud headphones for me to use while I sit and work at the computer here in the office. Technically, we aren't supposed to listen to CDs on our computer, but most of us do it anyway. My boss to too technoligically illiterate to know anyhow.

In more interesting news about the Imminent Decline of the Universe, my husband's department has a rash of plagiarism - 9 cases in one class alone. This is another reason why HIM seeing them tonight is better than me. I might cuss. He would come up with something meaningful and above their heads. I would just cuss them out. So, it is better he go in my place anyway. Little rodents.

Tonight's gift from him to me is a VERY nice early Christmas present. I think I shall take a bubble bath with Cookie and then we shall put lotion on our legs, put on our jammies, and listen to Christmas music. It's going to be a great night.