baby development

Monday, February 06, 2006

Feeling Less & Less Like a "Foster" Mom

Tomorrow my Sugar Cookie turns 7 weeks old. We now call ourselves mommy and daddy. I stopped referring to myself as "Foster Mommy" or "Mommy Tamara". I even tried calling myself "F-Mommy" (akin to P-Diddy). But "F-Mommy" sounded more like a horrible insult and rather hard-core.

Its easy to remember I'm not her biological mother. It's easy to see that she is not a product of a union of my husband and I with her fair skin and blue eyes. But for now, we are it.

I don't as much like a foster mom. I feel like a mom. It's been moving in that direction for a couple of weeks now. I'm so scared, yet at peace about what will become of Sugar Cookie. For now, she is our daughter and we are so proud. I love her, and I whisper that to her all the time in the middle of the night as we do our sleepy warm feedings.

The court date is a week away. We haven't heard anything about the other family, or the 16 year old family member who wants her.

Meanwhile, check out Cindy and Brien's news!!