baby development

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Our First House

Well, this is it. I've chosen not to blog about this process because sometimes writing about something causes me to acknowledge the stress of it even more. But, here goes:

We're buying a house. Yup. Our first house - ever. At the ripe 'ol age of 34 we are becoming homeowners.

We make the offer on the house we want at 5:30 tonight. They are asking a little less than we had wanted to pay for our first house, so this is pretty good.

I hope we can negotiate a little to save even more.

If it goes through, I will breathe, then worry about moving.

I am so excited I can hardly stand it.

2 hours to go.

Breathe, Tamara. Breathe.

This is how I have been able to handle coming to terms with my infertility, our lack of success with the foster-to-adopt program, and my understanding that it will take a while to save up enough money to afford to sign with an adoption agency to do an international adoption.

Still, I imagine I will look at the spare bedrooms longingly and wish I had a child to tuck into bed and night.

More to come on the house adventure - woooo hooooo!!