baby development

Friday, November 04, 2005

Joe & Kim Need Your Prayers

Friends,
I just received news that the husband of a former student of mine was terribly wounded in the war several weeks ago by a roadside bomb.
24 hours before Joe was due to ship home from Iraq, he and his company were injured by a bomb blast as they were on patrol.
He and his wife Kim are both 23 years old and have been married 3 years.
Joe has had dozens of surgeries in several countries in an effort to save his life.
He has now been transferred to Walter Reid and Kim is with him there.
He may loose one or more feet, and one or more legs.
He may also loose one or more arms.
Worst case scenario (besides that he could die), would be to loose all of his limbs.
I know very little, but I know that prayer WORKS. I have seen it, lived it, and felt it.

Please pray that Joe lives, and that his recovery is miraculous. Pray for Kim - she is still in college at Columbus State Univ. in Columbus, GA where I used to teach.

Of course, pray for all of our military. But this one is close to my heart. Kim was one of my first students, and she is very sweet and loves her husband more than herself. She knows God, and knows your prayers will help.

Thanks everyone.
This certainly does put life into perspective.