baby development

Thursday, July 07, 2005

New Foster Kittens


My husband just retrieved these cutties from the Lexington Humane society this afternoon. Awwww. They will need 3 weeks of foster care to get big enough and old enough to be vaccinated and altered.

It really breaks my heart that people aren't responsible enough with their animals to spay and neuter them. These two will likely find good homes within days of returning from foster care, but there are rows of cages full of adult cats at the humane society. Over 12,000 animals came through the Lexington Humane Society last year. Only 3% of stray cats were ever claimed by an owner. So sad.

Well, at least I feel like this is doing my small part to give these little guys love and affection, and plenty of good food so they will get used to humans and make really great pets for someone. And the good news is that these two will never reproduce and contribute to more unwanted and abandoned animals. I wonder what I will call them? I still don't think they are as cute as Fuzzy.