baby development

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Crisis in My Hometown

From www.pressjournal.com -

http://www.tcpalm.com/tcp/local_news/article/0,2545,TCP_16736_3887252,00.html

Monday, June 20th, a private plane disappeared from radar off the south eastern coast of Florida. On board were Joseph and Pauline Helseth and Pauline's son Scott Sheline. Joseph and Pauline were the dad and stepmother of my ex-boyfriend Chris. To date, no remains and no wreckage have been found.

The three were coming back from a weekend trip to the Bahamas on their private plane. Joseph had been flying since he was 19. He was 60 years old. Apparently, they ran into rough weather about 40 miles off the coast. They were so close to home.

No one knows what happened to them. The Coast Guard has called off the search. Now, private searches are costing about $10K a day.

When I talked to my dad just now, he said he thinks there are better uses for that kind of money than trying to find some wreckage or body parts. That's my dad for you.

Chris is my age - 34 years old - and he's lost his family. I simply can't imagine. But I think I'd still be searching, too. Sorry, Dad. Guess this is where we disagree.