baby development

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Weird Stuff at Work II

Monday at 5:00 here was not a pretty sight. Now, it is never the beaucolic workplace many of us desire - but yesterday bordered on hard-core. My boss, who is odd enough as it is, decided to work from home Monday. But at 5:00, she showed up in shorts and a t-shirt...and no bra. Now, she's not nearly as gifted as I am in the breast department, so braless for her still constituted "perky". But I did not need to clearly see her 50-something boobies peeking out of her t-shirt. My day would have been complete sans boss-boobies. I began to talk with her while being cautious about not looking down. I felt odd and uncomfortable. I wanted to hold up a piece of paper or something to cover her up while she detailed the work we had to do in the weeks ahead.

To enhance the image even further, she began a monologue of sorts for her secretary and I (you enter my office after going through the secretary's office) was...um...I think the technical term is...screwed. She detailed how she was not wearing a bra because her boobs hurt too bad to wear one. Then she went into detail about how she was "spotting". Oh mercy. I so wanted to escape out my window - oh, damn, I'm on the 3rd floor, and a small child couldn't fit through that window. I politely nod and look concerned - which, of course, prompts more self-disclosure. Oh God, make it stop! But no, more monologue on how she had already gone through menopause so shouldn't be experiencing this.

Finally, it stopped at about 5:30 when she went on to some other poor unsuspecting chap's office who hadn't had the smarts to leave at 5:00.