baby development

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

URGENT - Prayers Needed for Dream Mommy

Dear Friends,

It is with a heavy heart that I tell you that Lisa (Dream Mommy over at You Could Always Adopt) and her husband had to say goodbye to their 4 month old foster daughter yesterday as she went on to Heaven. It was sudden and unexpected, and I cannot imagine their grief.

Princess will be missed and loved always. I am so grateful that this beautiful baby girl got to have a home and a family - and didn't have to spend her last days on earth in the hospital.

I rejoice in the knowledge that there are people like Lisa and her husband who are willing to risk their hearts and accept the children that God send their way - regardless of their medical fragility or special needs. I've watched as they've learned to tube-feed babies, make more trips to the hospital than I've made in my entire life, and love their kids through multiple surgeries.

I don't know what to say, and I've never fancied myself good to dealing with death. I do know that Princess was loved and cherished. I also know she will forever be their daughter - no matter what the paperwork might say.

I'm sorry, Lisa. I'm so sorry.